With Magento 2, it is now easier than ever to create irresistible customer experiences. Magento 2 is the world’s most flexible commerce solution. Retailers love Magento because today’s consumers and their buying patterns are changing by the minute and Magento’s open source, agile framework helps a retailer adapt and thrive.
Download The Complete Executive Overview (PDF)
Magento 2 Migration Important Considerations
Magento is the most popular commerce platform in the world, with more than 250,000 merchants around the globe selling more and driving innovation.
- Migrating sooner rather than later might save you money. If you are active with development and site improvements, keep in mind you will likely have to rebuild or reintegrate when you move to Magento 2. The sooner you move to M2, the less likely it is you will have to pay twice for development work.
- Ensure you have the time and resources to devote to the project once it starts. Although we do what we can to make the process easy for clients, you will be called upon to review theme concepts, test the site, evaluate extensions and participate in QA of content migration or assist with data cleansing.
- Consider migrating during your slower season. If you have not waited until the last minute, you will have the luxury of setting a schedule that least impacts your daily business operations.
- If your existing site uses third-party modules or integrates with back office systems, this is an opportunity to evaluate these integrations. Before you begin any migration task, you will need to ensure your current configuration can be replicated on M2. Do you need to evaluate alternatives or consider improvements?
- If you are not happy with your current web host, you might want to take this opportunity to move to a provider who specializes in Magento for increased performance, improved security and better technical support.
Upgrading to a newer eCommerce version is an important choice for business owners and is often considered disruptive. But consider this – any endeavor that will create value for your customer with worthwhile.
Will This Move Impact My Search Engine Optimization?
A good search engine ranking is crucial to retailers. If not done correctly, migrating to Magento 2 may hurt your SEO. If changes are made to your page names and URL structures, it is critical to implement 301 redirects to map old pages to the new. 301 redirects tell Google that the page still exists and points to the new location. Smart Solutions understands how to successfully manage site rebuilds with minimal SEO impact and has a successful track record.
- When Should You Migrate to Magento 2
- What are the Benefits of Migrating to Magento 2
- Magento 2 Migration Timeline, Costs and Steps
Interested in Migrating to Magento 2?
Our core area of expertise is Magento. Contact us to schedule a demo of Magento 2 and get all of your questions answered by one of our Magento consultants. Call 443-949-0069 or email email@example.com.